For former members/graduates who ceased their membership/graduateship due to (1) voluntary resignation; or (2) removal by non-payment of annual subscription, they may submit an application for re-election.
For former members/graduates whose membership/graduateship were removed by the order of Institute’s Disciplinary Tribunal, please contact the Membership Section at 2881 6177 for assistance.
Applicants for re-election must submit the following to the Secretariat:
- A completed and duly signed application form, together with the recommendations made by two referees (one of them must be a member of the Institute) holding professional qualifications
- Certified true copies of work testimonials/reference letters of employment history since lapse of membership/graduateship
- Explanatory letter detailing the reasons for the lapse of membership/graduateship and re-election
- Attendance record of 15 CPD hours within a 12-month period prior to application, and
- Re-election fee, outstanding subscriptions and any fees owed to the Institute.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all the required information and settle relevant fees. Any incomplete application will not be processed and considered by the Membership Committee or the Council.